Monday, April 13, 2015

10 things I love about crochet...



1.  The crochet community is awesome. I've never met more helpful, encouraging people.  I learned crochet from The Crochet Crowd on YouTube. 
2.  In other areas I don't feel like I'm extremely creative but with yarn and hook and a pattern I can make something beautiful. 
3.  I'm great with patterns, not just reading them but looking at a picture of something and making a pattern from what I see. Crochet is the new jigsaw puzzle. 
4. It can be a fairly inexpensive hobby to have. Being a stay at home mom it helps that I'm not spending all my extra money on something just for me. 
5. I love yarn!
6. Crochet hooks, at least the metal ones I use, never go out of style or get broken or dried out or too old. 
7. There are so many patterns out there I'll never run out of things to make!!!
8. With other artsy mediums, like painting, usually once you've put paint to paper you can't take it back. Frogging sometimes makes your project so much better!
9. Crocheting is extremely relaxing for me.  
10.  Making my hobby into a small business has been extremely rewarding. 

What do you love about crochet?  Comment below!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with every one of these! Crocheting is so relaxing and its a great way to explore your creativity! I also love that someone can make a hat the same way 10 times, and the yarn will determine how it looks in the end.
    -Stephanie from www.uniqueyarndesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!!! It's the best and worst part of crochet! Did you read my entry about Crochet Attention Deficit Disorder? Totally sarcastic view on my long to do list!

      Delete