Sunday, April 5, 2015

Pattern Review: Crazy Patchwork Afghan


Pattern name:

TUTORIAL: Crazy Patchwork - Klimt Blankets 


Link: http://gingerschatz.blogspot.com/2011/09/tutorial-crazy-patchwork-klimt-blankets.html


My pattern notes:
Over the last few years I've made two of these popular afghans. One was done with Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in fall colors and one with Caron Simply Soft Yarn in a rainbow pattern. The type of yarn I used didn't seem to make a difference when it came to following the pattern. The sizes were different due to the yarn size but the steps I took to get the squares the correct size to attach to the other ones didn't change.

Positives:
This is an extremely flexible pattern when it comes to arranging the squares and picking colors.

The speed in which this pattern works up is great as well up to the point of needing to attach your squares together. Solid granny squares have been my favorite for a while so I find them come to me easily. 

Negatives:
There is a section where you attach 5 (2 round squares) together to match up with a 10 round square. For some reason the way I was attaching them didn't allow me to line up 5 squares. I used 4 and the pattern still worked but if you're looking to follow the pattern step by step this might be something to spend extra time on.

Because there are a lot of color changes there are a lot of loose ends to tuck in. Not the worst thing I the world when it comes to crocheting but it does slow the process a little.

Final thoughts: 
If you can granny square give this one a try. I'd recommend only using the same size yarn throughout the blanket but other than that the sky is the limit when it comes to this pattern!


No comments:

Post a Comment