Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pattern Review: Yes Yes Shawl by Bernat Design Studio


  • Pattern Name: Yes Yes Shawl by Bernat Design Studio
  • Link: http://www.yarnspirations.com/pattern/crochet/yes-yes-shawl
  • Positives:
It's a fairly complicated pattern considering all things, BUT the extra support from the Yarspirations website as well as having it be one of the challenges that The Crochet Crowd was doing definitely made this pattern almost fool proof.  
  • Negatives:
With as much help as there was for this project, I can't pinpoint exactly why I decided to frog my shawl other than the fact that I'm not a shawl person.  Yes, the yarn I used probably wasn't the most ideal, and the weight of it seemed too heavy with what I used, but I thought that maybe I'd put it on my etsy website and sell it, since they seem so easy to construct, but when I realized my heart wasn't in it, suddenly that yarn seemed to be destined to be in another project. 
I've never owned one myself and truthfully, no offense to anyone out there, they aren't something that my demographic usually wears.
Hopefully the next The Crochet Crowd Challenge will be something to spark my interest and I can share more insight into some great patterns. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment