Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Product Review: Red Heart Yarn Super Saver

Brand: Red Heart Yarn  - Super Saver

Link: http://www.redheart.com/yarn/super-saver-regular

Pro's:
The best things about Red Heart Super Saver Yarn are that it's do dye lot status, it's pricing is reasonable, it's sold in a million locations and it's quality gives it a strength that leaves you worry free when you sell items made with it or give items away as gifts.

Having the status of No Dye Lot, really saves me when I'm making projects.  Just today, I ran out of a color and went to check my stash and happened to have a ball I'd purchased a few month ago.  No Dye Lot meant that I didn't have to think twice about if the color would match my current project!

As a stay at home mom, price is always something I take into consideration when making crocheted items with any brand of yarn.  With a $2.00-$3.00 price range in most retail stores, I do look for skeins when they are on sale, but even if I have to pay top dollar I know I'm not wasting the extra money on something that I won't like.  Yes, I do like to splurge a little on yarn, but most times I'm making blankets and hats and scarves that will get a lot of wear and tear and I don't have to charge a million dollars for each item if I've only paid a few dollars for my materials.

The availability of Red Heart Yarns is amazing.  From my experience, if I walk into a store that sells yarn then they have Red Heart Super Saver Yarn.  It makes my life so much easier!  I can't say that I have a 100% grade for finding the colors I need since they are so popular with crafters, but usually it only takes two stops for me to find what I need!

Why do I really use Red Heart Yarn?  Simply put, the quailty of the yarn is amazing.  I've only been crocheting since 2009, but there are items that I made when I first started crocheting that are still in excellent condition.  My favorite is my daughter's afghan.  She's had it since birth and has gotten numerous "things" on it, but they have washed out easily without destroying the yarn in the process.

Con's:
I can only find one Con to say about Red Heart Super Saver Yarn:  Some of the skeins seem to be "scratcthy" and some seem to be "smooth".  I'm not sure if I've just missed the memo as to which are softer than others, but there is definitely a difference between some colors and others.  The good thing though to fix this is that most regular fabric softeners can soften the yarn, but if fabric softeners aren't used, you can definitely tell the difference.

Final Thoughts:
All in all I give Red Heart Super Saver Yarn an A+++.  If someone is a new crocheter or knitter I would highly advise trying this yarn because of the Pro's I've brought up...and if you're a more experienced artist, do not pass up a chance to use a great yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment